Jianhua Hu, PhD, MS, Director
The mission of the Cancer Biostatistics Shared Resource (BSR) is to provide statistical support to HICCC investigators from the study design stage of a project through to its execution, analysis and interpretation, and finally, to the dissemination of the work. The objectives of this resource are:
- To collaborate with HICCC investigators in the design, conduct, analysis, interpretation and reporting of their clinical, laboratory and population science studies.
- To collaborate with HICCC investigators in their research initiatives and grant proposals.
- To collaborate with HICCC investigators on scientific publications.
- To advise the HICCC Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee by providing statistical review of the design of studies and their conduct.
- To provide short-term statistical consulting to HICCC members.
- To conduct methodological research which will lead to improved methods for study design and data analysis in cancer research.
Interested investigators who need assistance with cancer related research should contact:
Jianhua Hu, Director of BSR, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guideline of Timeframe Requests
Please contact the Cancer Biostatistics Shared Resource as early as possible before your deadline and be aware of the following guidelines:
- Abstracts: We generally need at least four weeks to perform data analysis for abstract submission.
- Grants: We typically need at least a month of active collaboration with investigators for new single-project grant submissions. Multi-project grants, such as SPOREs and program-project grants, require considerably more time (four months, at least), given the amount of coordination required.
- Manuscript Preparation: The Cancer Biostatistics Shared Resource requires a minimum of four weeks from the time an appropriately formatted data set has been submitted to carry out analyses and summarize results and methods for inclusion in manuscripts.
- Protocol Preparation: The Cancer Biostatistics Shared Resource requires a minimum of three weeks to prepare the statistical considerations (including study design and analysis plans).
- Other Consultations: We will help you with consultation on other tasks as appropriate. Again, the more lead-time we have, the better we can assist you.
On a case-by-case basis, the Cancer Biostatistics Shared Resource may decline requests that arrive too close to the deadline for us to provide anything useful. Please also consider that more complex designs or analyses will require more time.