Liza Pon, Ph.D., Director
Theresa Swayne, Ph.D., Manager
Laura Munteanu, Ph.D., Assistant Manager
The Imaging Facility
The Confocal and Specialized Microscopy Shared Resource (CSMSR) provides advanced microscope systems for multidimensional optical imaging of living and fixed cells and tissues. The CSMSR offers a wide range of state-of-the-art microscopy technologies, from super-resolution microscopy to laser capture and microirradiation.
Our full-time staff provide consultation, assistance, training, and technical support. Trained in cell biology, biophysics, microbiology and image analysis, with in-depth expertise in light microscopy, we can help with experimental design, image acquisition, and data interpretation.
Technologies offered (details)
- Confocal microscopy (scanning and spinning-disk)
- Two-photon microscopy
- Wide-field fluorescence microscopy
- Digital deconvolution
- Transmitted-light imaging (phase, DIC, histology)
- Super-resolution imaging (STORM and SIM)
- Cell surface imaging with <100 nM z-resolution (TIRF)
- Laser-capture microdissection
- Microfluidic cell culture while imaging
- Software for image analysis, processing, and presentation
- Live-cell imaging
- Fluorescence Recovery after Photobleaching (FRAP)
- Förster Resonance Energy Transfer (FRET)
- Colocalization analysis
- Cell and particle tracking studies
Contact us to inquire about your experiments!
Don’t forget to acknowledge the CSMSR in your publications.
Images were collected and/or image processing and analysis for this work was performed in the Confocal and Specialized Microscopy Shared Resource of the Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center at Columbia University, supported by NIH grant #P30 CA013696 (National Cancer Institute).