Aris Floratos, Ph.D, Director
The mission of the Bioinformatics Division of the BISR is to support HICCC investigators by giving them access to key expertise in the use of advanced data analysis tools and methodologies for research publications and grant proposals, reflecting established best practices, access to state of the art software, databases, and models for basic research, and access to high-performance computing infrastructure for data analysis and data sharing.
The Biomedical Informatics Shared Resource uses the iLab Core Management System for service requests and billing. Before you can request services, you must log into iLab and be approved as a lab member. To access iLab, go to https://cumc.corefacilities.org and log in with your UNI and password.
The Bioinformatics Division of the BISR offers the following services:
- Data analysis and database access services
- Access to a large set of locally maintained biological databases
- Access to and support/consulting for a variety of public and commercial bioinformatics tools maintained by C2B2/MAGNet staff
- Custom bioinformatics workflow development
- Custom biological database development
- Custom websites development for data sharing and dissemination
- Access to high performance computing equipment for computationally intensive analyses