Before making a reservation, you must consult with the staff to discuss your experimental needs. This free consultation will help us identify the best instrument needs for your study.
To set up a consultation, please contact us and provide experimental details:
- What is the goal of the imaging? What question do you want to answer, or what phenomenon do you want to illustrate with images?
- Do you know which microscope you would like to use?
- What is the sample?
- How is the sample mounted?
- Chambered slide
- Chambered coverslip
- 35 mm glass-bottom dish
- 35 mm plastic dish
- Multiwell plate
- Some other format
- For fluorescence imaging, what labels are you using?
- Do you need transmitted-light (bright-field) imaging?
- Is there anything else we should know about your sample or project?
The iLab Core Management System is used for scheduling and billing.
To reserve equipment, go to https://cumc.corefacilities.org and log in with your UNI and password. If you have not used iLab before, you will be asked to select your laboratory. Your PI or lab manager must then approve your membership and assign a chartstring for billing.