Katherine Crew, M.D., M.S., Director
Jeanine Genkinger, Ph.D., Co-Director
Anqi Yu, M.S., Resource Manager
The central function of the DBSR is to:
- Provide oversight and infrastructure for the development and maintenance of cancer-related clinical databases and biobanks for collection of data and biospecimens.
- Enable linkage to clinical data and tumor registry data through a secure portal.
- To procure and maintain a repository of human biological samples, clinical data and epidemiologic data for distribution to investigators, while also protecting the confidentiality of individuals donating to the repository in the course of their medical care and/or research participation.
- To support and facilitate cancer research in the context of IRB and HIPAA regulations by articulating and implementing criteria allowing the acquisition, storage and distribution for research use of such data and specimens with or without linkage to personal health identifiers.
See the user fees and policies link for a detailed description of DBSR services, resources available in each database, link to the on-line request form to access these databases, and fee schedule. For all service inquiries, please email email@example.com.
Existing clinical databases and biobanks at the Cancer Center:
- High Risk Breast Registry
- Breast Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Genitourinary Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome/Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Radiation Oncology
- Thoracic Oncology
- Tumor Bank
- Endocrine tumor