An essential component of cancer research, the Biostatistics Shared Resource (BSR) provides the necessary infrastructure to facilitate collaboration between the investigator and a biostatistician from the planning stage of a project through to its execution, analysis and interpretation and finally to the dissemination stages. The objectives of this resource are:
- To collaborate with HICCC investigators in the design, conduct, analysis, interpretation and reporting of their clinical, laboratory and population science studies.
- To provide short-term statistical consulting to HICCC members.
- To collaborate with HICCC investigators in their research initiatives and grant proposals.
- To advise the Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee by providing statistical review of the design of studies and their conduct.
- To interact with the Biomedical Informatics Shared Resource in the development and maintenance of the clinical research databases and systems.